Siamak Zarei-Ghanavati; MD, MS, FICO
AWARDS, HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
1. First rank on “Educational Shahid Motahari Festival”, Iran, 2015. 2. Top Researcher Award”, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences (MUMS), Mashhad, Iran, 2015.
3. First “Young Researcher Award”, International Chams Festival in Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences, Tehran, Iran, 2015. 4. “National Razi Festival Award” of top Surgical Sciences Researcher, 18th annual Razi Medical Sciences Research. Festival, Tehran, Iran, 2012. 5. International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship Award, for training at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miler School of Medicine, University of Miami (UM) , Miami, USA, 2011.
6. ICO–Helmerich RRF Fellowships Award 2010 (Two Helmerich International Fellowships are awarded each year to young ophthalmologists by ICO. The Helmerich Fellowships are designed to provide advanced subspecialty training to ophthalmologists), for training at Jules
CV, Siamak Zarei-Ghanavati; MD, MS, FICO
Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) , Los Angeles, USA, 2010.
7. “Top Researcher Award”, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences (MUMS), Mashhad, Iran, 2012. 8. Best Surgical Video Award, Video presentation at 23rd Iranian congress of ophthalmology, Tehran, Iran.
9. Poster of Interest, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS), USA, 2011.
10. “International Council Scholar” honor, in recognition exceptional standard achieved in clinical sciences assessment, 2007.
11. First rank with “Distinction” degree of ICO (International Council of Ophthalmology) Assessment (first rank among the 1647 candidates at 92 test centers in 61 countries). ICO prize was awarded for the most outstanding performance on examination by Professor David Taylor, ICO Assessments Director, 2007.
12. First rank of Iranian National Board Certification in Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Surgery in the country (among the 56 graduated ophthalmologists), Tehran, Iran, 2006.
13. First rank of Pre-residency exam in the country (among the 11820 general physicians), 2002.
14. Distinguished graduated physician (grade A, 1%Top), Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, (among the 390 medical students), 2002.
15. Second rank of Pre-internship exam in the country (among the 4325 medical students), 2001